Posted on: 23 February 2016
If you and your family include meat in your diets, it can be overwhelming to decide where you can purchase the best high quality meat. Meat products are offered in groceries stores across the nation and prices and quality vary. Instead of relying on a supermarket, it's best to instead shop from your local butcher shop. A butcher shop will have the highest quality meat possible and leave you with all the best choices for your meat purchases. Here are five of the main reasons to start purchasing meat from your local butcher shop:
- Know Where the Animals Come From: There have been meat scares across the nation regarding what type of meat is being used in products, such as meatballs, steak, and more. These meat scares are a result of it being discovered that the meat that is actually being used in these products is horse meat or some other kind of meat that you would otherwise probably not want to eat or associate with that specific product. Butcher shops know where their meat comes from, including the type of animal, the farm from which it came, and the care that the animals received while on the farm.
- Ethical Treatment: Butcher shops purchase their meat from farms that provide ethical treatment for their animals. This means the animals are not receiving any additional steroids in their feed that is causing them to become unnaturally sourced. This is commonly found with meat that comes from factory farms.
- Better Selection: Butcher shops offer more than just the common types of meats for you to purchase. Butcher shops will offer meats, such as lobster, lamb, veil, and more, which typically are not found at supermarkets. On top of this, you can be sure that these types of meat are made with the quality that you are looking for.
- You Support a Local Business: Supporting a local business is important for your local economy to continue thriving. When you purchase meats products from a local butcher shop, you are doing just this instead of supporting the factory farms in which most of the meat from supermarkets come from.
- Great Customer Service: As you continue to shop from your local butcher shop, the person behind the counter will begin to get to know you. This means that you can expect your regular orders to be ready for you and they will also know your personal taste in meat selections so if you want to purchase any other types of meat, they can provide suggestions for what type of meat they believe you will love best.
When you know these five reasons to shop from a local butcher shop, you can be sure that you understand why they may be the best option for your meat selection.Share