Posted on: 6 March 2015
Are you part of a group of friends that meets for dinner every month? If your turn is coming up, you can follow these steps to make your event a unique one.
Send Out Invitations
Perhaps in the past, the folks in your group have given the information for their month online or by phone. If so, it would be a nice change for your friends to receive an actual invitation in the mail. If you're having the event in a new restaurant, give a clear address of where it's located, including directions. It's also helpful to let your friends know whether they should dress in casual attire, or whether they should dress up for the event.
Dinner In A Restaurant
Choose a new one! It's true that familiar places are a comfortable place to be, but it's also easy to get in a rut where you don't try new experiences.
- Consider an ethnic restaurant. It would be helpful for you to go there for a meal ahead of time so you'll know if their food is delicious.
- Make sure there's enough of a variety, too. For example, if you are choosing Thai food, be sure that there are selections that aren't too spicy.
- Also, be sure that the prices are affordable.
- It's important for you to call the restaurant ahead of time to make reservations for your group so that you can be seated together. It's smart to confirm your reservation, at a restaurant like Sabatino's Italian Restaurant, the day of your event.
Dinner In Your Home
Make it an elegant affair! Even if your friends don't dress up, it's fun to put on the Ritz every now and then.
- If you don't have a large table, you can create extra seating space by moving a card table to one end and covering both of them with tablecloths. If you don't have matching ones, that doesn't matter. In fact, selecting complementary cloths would create a unique effect.
- Consider setting up a buffet. A nacho bar would be a lot of fun. Another idea, especially if it's a cold night, would be a soup bar with crusty artisan breads as an accompaniment. Remember that it's better to have too much food than not enough. You can always have leftovers the next day.
- Decorate the table. A centerpiece of flowers and candles is perfect. In addition, decorate each place setting. A small votive candle in a pretty holder is nice, or a little ceramic bird that matches your tableware.
- Give party favors! Your guests would get a kick out of taking home the item you set at their place setting. Another idea is to have a fancy little bag full of decadent candies for them to take with them.
Congratulations on planning your dinner event early.Share